Technical Release Notes
Like most software providers, CE21 has regular product releases to roll out new features, enhancements, and the occasional bug fix. The thing that separates us from the herd is the frequency of our updates. Instead of following a monthly cadence, CE21 releases weekly.
Now, I know you may think this means weekly interruptions to our customers’ workflow, but our rigorous testing ensures this never happens. Moreover, these regular releases are a response to the needs of our clientele. That’s right, we actually listen to our customers and roll out weekly updates to ensure speedy delivery of their requests. Being the heart and soul of our business, we love our customers and want them to love our products and services. To underscore this goal, we will be providing weekly release notes on our blog to quickly sum up all the new features and fixes you should expect to see next time you log in. Keep an eye out for your requests so you can be the first to reap the benefits! Look below to see a summary from the last couple of weeks.
- Created a Credit Tracker system to allow users to track all credit earned
- Created more search widgets and enhanced current search widget on the Search page
- Enhanced Closed Caption feature
- Added new column options to the Upcoming Programs widget
- Created the ability to block customers
- Enhanced Referrals program to only allow new customers to be referred
- Created Marketing Consent forms to be compliant with the EU GDPR
- Enhanced the refund process
- Created a Customer Message section on all products to display on the user's account on the catalog
- Created a Purchase of CE Credit feature to allow CE credit to be sold in addition to the CE product
- Enhanced unauthenticated links
- Enhanced Accounts Reports and Evaluation Completion Report
- Enhanced all HTML report to be exportable
- Created a Forums Report to provide detailed forum information - from user information to comments posted
- Enhanced Product Sales Report and Payment Plan statuses
- Added a multiple locations available tag to the catalog for live events
- Enhanced the zip code search widget
- Created a Location button for live events that will direct customers to the location details
- Added the U.S. Territories to the list of states during registration
- Created a Refer a Friend program for customers to utilize to earn reward points
- Redesigned hidden products to not show the email and share buttons on the customer’s account
- Created a price adjustment sort tool
- Created a filter to search for a specific order type (i.e. back end order, API order, etc.)
- Created a bulk hide in catalog and hide in manager operation
- Added new columns to the current registrants list (purchase details, completion details, etc.)
- Created a Top Customers report
- Created a Credit Expiry report
- Extended the dates on the Schedule a Report feature
- Created a way for back end orders to be marked as "paid by cash" for orders sold in-person
- Enhanced quizzes to include pictures, videos and response explanations
- Created a “reset password” feature for staff accounts
- Created new email verification system that requires customers to enter in their email address twice when creating a new account
- Redesigned the look of products with no expiration date on the customer’s account
- Added a “Return to Classroom” link in the viewer of all classroom modules
- Enhanced the credit selector on certificates
- Enhanced payment plans to allow customers to update or change their credit card information directly from their customer account
- Redesigned hidden products to not show the email and share buttons on the customer’s account
- Added message tokens to Affidavits
- Added topics areas to the list of limitation options for discounts
- Redesigned the tools section of evaluations to be more user friendly
- Redesigned purchase alerts to allow them to be automatically assigned to newly created products (specific by product type)
- Enhanced registrant list to be sorted by tenant
- Created a bulk gift card that can be sent to all registrants of a product
- Added message tokens to Pre and Post Seminar Popups
- Redesigned the product information drop down to include product codes
- Enhanced the Best Sellers Report to be sorted by month
- Created new email feature that allows staff to choose to receive excel report via email or downloaded immediately
- Enhance the Live Event Report to include more column options
- Enhanced the sales order template to allow for historical orders to be imported
- Enhanced the sharing marketplace status
- Added in the ability to multi-select industries when contributing to the Sharing Marketplace
- Created the ability to view customer browser specs
- Enhanced the participation code audit log to show whether a customer’s browser was in or out of focus when a participation code appeared
- Created a way to deduct rewards points from a customer’s account
- Created a notes section in all showtime widgets in the viewer
- Created a Live Event location search widget
- Relocated the clear server cache button to only appear on relevant pages
- Created a filter on the customer’s account page to show only incomplete and only complete programs. It defaults to Show All Programs
- Customers can filter through their programs by showing only incomplete or only complete programs
- Enhanced temporary passwords to not expire until the customer has used the temporary password
- Created a setting to allow customer’s to pick what credit they need displayed on their certificate
- Added a print certificate button to the customer’s account on the catalog
- Created the ability to download media uploaded in Forums
- Enhanced squeeze pages to allow mandatory surveys prior to receiving free product
- Select which survey you wish to add to the Squeeze Page
- Created the ability to create custom global headers and footers for email notifications. You have the ability to include the global header/footer in all email templates or just specific templates
- Permalinks are available for individual tabs in Classrooms. This allow you to send customers a link to a specific tab within the Classroom
- Enhanced the interaction tab to allow questions to be exported to excel
- Enhanced Classrooms to allow which and how many modules are required for credit
- Created badges for Live Events
- Enhanced Live Webcasts to be Videography Only event when appropriate
- Enhanced the Accounts Report to includes speaker’s biographies
- Created a spot to insert the marketing code in the backend during the New Order checkout process
- Report a Problem widget: Created a fast and easy way to tenants to report issues and requests
- Shopping Cart Reminder Emails: Created a shopping cart reminder email template and a location to track revenue earned from sending email reminders
- Time Zone Updates: Created a system that allows for less confusion when it comes to setting up courses in various time zones
- Preview Product link: Created a quick way to view how a product will on the catalog
- Quick Sign Up: Created a setting that allows customers to quickly register for free products on the catalog
- Updates to Speakers page: Now all the products a speaker is in will appear on their speaker page
- Course Schedule Tab: Moved the launch viewer, download seminar, handouts, and CE certificate button to be displayed underneath the module title
- Overall Handouts & Certificates: Created an option to add an overall classroom handout and/or certificate
- Link & Alt Text to slides: Enhanced slides to allow for a URL and alt text mouse over on individual slides
- Clipping Job: New feature that allows for clips of videos to be created
- Product Detail Report: Added new columns to report – affidavits, poll questions, confirmation pop up, and certificate message
- Certificates can be landscape style instead of portrait
- Rearranged the Lists section to be more readable
- Guestbook feature will now remember previously registered customers
- Guestbook can be used in Classrooms
- Added ability to import customers and speakers
- Added a pre-roll video option to Video Replays to allow tenants to display a specific “commercial” before the start of seminars.
- Enabled multiple HTML widgets to be utilized in same location the Viewer Layout.
- Added ability to hide specific widgets
- Enhanced to background appearance – can upload image
- Enhanced to global appearance – can use custom CSS
- Created a “Schedule at a Glance” feature to allow customers to hover over to see the complete list of date and time options (for Live Events and Live Webcasts).
- Updated logistic tab for Live Events & Webinars to streamline booking videographer and webinar operator
- Updated terminology on logistics tab
- New feature when creating a venue – suggested timezones will appear once address has been entered
- Enhanced custom email to allow templates to utilized
- All certificates are now PDFs.
- Rich Text Editor added to certificate modal when emailing certificates to customers on the back end.
- Enhanced how modules in Classrooms state whether or not they are downloaded by adding a note in the Course Type column on the Course Schedule and in the Product Snapshot for the entire Classroom.
- Created an overall Classroom handout section.
- Added an Import Bulk Credit option.
- Enhanced token layout – easier to copy/paste and view
- Enhanced dropdowns on Email Templates to allow staff to easily locate recipient and email template.
- Enabled a “Do Not Allow Download for This Product” checkbox that allows for a specific On Demands to not be downloaded, even though the tenant has enabled down loads for On Demands in Manager Setting.
- Enabled an “Add to Cart” feature on the Product Snapshot.
- Created a guestbook feature that allows staff to use a url to access programs.
- New mouseover feature allows staff to see which campaign the product is under when adding an order in the back end.
- New setting in Discounts – staff can now set a minimum number of products to be ordered before the discount is enabled.
- Added transaction log to order details to display all credit card attempts
- Enhanced marketing code feature to allow staff to change size and color of buttons.
- New setting to allow customers to search by Live Event location
- New setting to enable the collection of marketing code during checkout process
- Added ability to use CE21 business hour and holiday list or create custom hours/list
Front End Customer “My Account”
- Altered “Event in Progress” and countdown timer to stand out from the Launch Viewer button
- Enhanced product sales report and touchpoint/squeeze report to track campaign usage
- Ability to assign overdue task emails to be sent daily
- Added back the Reset Password button to Customer Details page. This will send the customer an email with a link to reset their password (in Manager, go to Accounts->Customers->Customer Details).
- The navigation bar has been removed from the checkout pages (go to your catalog and start the checkout process to see how it works).
- New layout to show Live Event locations – when selecting the date and time, customers will now see the location of the event. Also added a Locations tab with details on the event’s location.
- Enhanced header on the catalog by adding a use custom url link feature. Allows tenants to link the header with a specific url; also the option to have the url open in a new tab.
- Shopping Cart now shows previous dates for live webcast or webinars for customers purchasing additional participant CE (See the following for an example – add the seminar to the shopping cart to see the historical dates.
- The Shared Out table now shows the status (active, inactive, or deleted) of the product that is shared out in a specific association
- Added a message and note feature to Certification Requirements and Handouts when setting up a product. Both features are Rich Text Editors that allow you to format the message that will appear to customers (example note: “There are no handouts for this seminar”) (in Manager, go to Catalog->Products choose a seminar and scroll down to the Certification Requirements and Handouts widgets to see how this works).
- Created a Clone Credits feature when setting up a product. Allows tenants to copy credits from previous created products (if you don’t know what this is, you don’t need to know what this is).
- Optimized time zone settings by allowing tenants to set up a display time zone for Live Events and Live Webcasts (in Manager, go to Catalog->Products and choose a live event, webcast, replay or webinar to edit – once on the edit screen, you’ll see a “Display Time Zone” drop down where you can select a different time zone to appear on an event by event basis).
- Allow classroom customers to purchase add on products at the discounted price for another customer.
- Added the ability to copy and paste images into the Rich Text Editors which speeds up creation of seminars, support tickets, etc.
- Classrooms are not directly supported in our mobile App, but we now provide a way to open them from within the mobile App.